Is Your Roofing Contractor Registered as Required by Law?
The following is directly from the Kansas Attorney General’s Office website:
On and after July 1, 2013, every “roofing contractor” must obtain a roofing contractor registration certificate from the Kansas Attorney General in order to legally provide commercial or residential roofing services for a fee in Kansas.
The listed registrants have successfully completed the registration requirements pursuant to the Kansas roofing registration act. Registration does not constitute an endorsement of a listed contractor by the Attorney General. Consumers who have additional questions can contact the Attorney General’s office at (913) 553-3620.
Beware if your contractor:
- comes door-to-door or seeks you out
- just happens to have material left over from a recent job
- tells you the job will be a “demonstration”
- offers you discounts for finding other customers
- quotes a price that’s out of line with other estimates
- pressures you for an immediate decision
- offers an unusually long guarantee
- can only be reached by leaving messages with an answering service
- drives an unmarked van or has out-of state license plates
- asks you to pay for the entire job up front
About Safe Harbor Roofing & Siding
Our company is registered with the state of Kansas and has all required licensing for Missouri.
Kansas Roofing Registration Act registration number is 17-010544
Johnson County “Class B” General Contractor License – 2019-9549 (most roofers are only “Class R”)
Better Business Bureau Accredited
Angie’s List Roofing and Siding Company
GAF Shingle Manufacturer Certified Contractor – ME41745